IMM

Default underfloor heating - running costs

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Sep 2003 11:32:20 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Peter Parry" wrote in message
.. .

Electric underfloor heating quite rightly
got a bad name for cost and
poor installation as it was a favourite in
a number of council built houses in the
60's and, in true council fashion, was badly designed
and installed.

Not correct. Most were in private homes.

According to the BRI 80% of electric underfloor installations were in
public housing. During the Wilson Callaghan era there was a policy
of installing oil, gas and electricity in equal mixes in public
housing, the cheapest fuels were electricity and oil.

gas is available councils
always went for gas fired heating as it is 1/4 of the price of

electricity
to run.

Not then.

Gas has always been cheaper than electricity; in the past 40 years anyway.
My UFH electric system was in private house and I knew of few in public
housing. Public housing was going all warm air.

---