Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default DOH! Cant figure out this ceiling fan wiring!

Monkey Boy wrote:

Ok, I removed my old fan, and *thought* I drew an entire diagram of the
old wiring setup. What I didnt relize until I tried wiring the new fan
was I forgot to draw where the white wires were connected to on the old
fan!

Here is my setup:

From the fan box in ceiling I have (2) sets of wires.

Black/White/Ground and Black/White/Ground. On the old fan, I know that
one of the black wires were connected to the Blue and Black wire on the
fan. I know that the other black wire was connected to the white wire
on the fan. What I dont know is where the other white wires connect to

Any ideas where I should connect the other (2) white wires? I tried
different combinations, nothing worked

Hi,
At least you need a multi-meter to sort it out. do you have one?
My guess is one set of wire is from the switch and the other is
line side(power source).