asalcedo asalcedo is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Rumm
cucumber wrote:

I wouldn't count on the stud detection on that being very good.

Go to your local B&Q's hand tools section (near the spirit levels etc)
and get yourself a stud detector that looks like this (costs about
£16):

http://www.zircon.com/SellPages/Scan...Spro/SSPro.jpg

As a stud detector it's superb but unfortunately it doesn't have live
wire/copper detector but you could get a good one those separately and
they're not too expensive.

You can get the Zircon Triscanner Pro from RS for about £40. That has
all the facilities you require. The only thing it can't do is find studs
through metalised foils.

--
Cheers,

John.

Thank you John, that looks like the one to go for.

The only thing is that I did, some time ago, tried one, and would give me erratic readings and had to return it. Perhaps there was something wrong with that unit.