Larry Jaques

Default diesel for home heating boiler

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:55:35 GMT, "ATP"
brought forth from the murky depths:

habbi wrote:
In an emergency could you put kerosene or diesel in your home oil
heating tank? Would it cause any damage?

Diesel is essentially #2 fuel oil, dyed to foil tax evaders. Kerosene is
lighter than #2, but fine for short periods. Neither will do any damage, I
hate to say I've done it more than a few times when we missed a delivery.

Aren't there 2 different types of diesel? I can smell the
difference in trucks when I follow. Some smell clean and
nice, more like jet fuel. Others smell like a candle wick
which has just been snuffed out, very bad and wax-based.

Save the + http://www.diversify.com
Endangered SKEETS! + Web Application Programming