Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Under sink water filter install ques

"saag" wrote in message
The filter will go to a seperate faucet.

Why? Seems like a PITA to have to use a special faucet. Savings in filters
will be minimal.

Will this work:
Put a tee on the cold filter line (after the cut-off) with a threaded
male adapter on the output that will go to the water filter.

Do you mean cold water line? If so, yes, it should work.

Another consideratin is to put the filter in the basement if you have one
under the kitchen. Easier to get to compared to changing inside a sink
cabinet.

If we don't actually install the filter immediately, then is there an
adaper that I can screw onto the male adapter to cap the line?

Every combination of fitting imaginable is available.