Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Air conditioner Trips Circuit Breaker-Call Electrician or A/C guy? Holler Butt

posted for all of us...
I don't top post - see either inline or at bottom.

snip

I have indeed accidently tested a breaker by shorting it that led to
the discovery my FPE is a fire hazard. Breakers are by description
designed to be tripped.

That is not what you stated before. It was a deliberate short you caused to
make certain a circuit was off.

In the office machine industry technicians are trained from day 1 to
TEST all safety protection devices by overloading or over stressing
them to CONFIRM they work as designed. Safety switches fail sometimres
and a critical one can cause a fire or injury.. bryyer the tech finds
and fixes it than a building burns down The only tst device I can
think of that isnt supposed to be tested is a thermal fuse since they
are one shot devices....

I find this extremely hard to believe because most of these devices are one use
therefore you are padding the bill for your lack of knowledge. If there is
such a reference post it!

I have no doubt there are circuit breaker test devices.

There are...

If I get some links on these things will you quit being a PIA?

The economics of it are that the real testers are expensive and it's not
feasible to test a $6 breaker with it. Deliberately shorting it is NOT the way
to test it and you should know it.

EVERY TIME you make a false, unsafe or an assumptive statement I will counter
it by asking for the facts.

yeah NEW faucets are designed to leak under very high pressure, so a
frozen pipe doesnt mean a ruptured pipe, faucets leaks instead, its
actually a good idea.when things thaw no harm done. thats a new federal
law.

This is PURE bull**** because I contacted MOEN Co. and talked to their
representative named Phil whom stated: Faucets are NOT designed to leak under
very high pressure = your words (whatever very high pressure is anyway) and
there is NO NONE NADA Federal law to do so. If you would read the follow ups
to your whimsical posts you would have read where I repudiated your babbling.
If you can find in the manufacturers literature this is true POST IT!
If you can find this "Federal law" POST IT!

Once again, IF you get your facts straight and provide references to what you
post I will leave you alone.
--
Tekkie