Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Soldering Copper Pipes

From my experience soldering not only plumbing, but copper piping in vacuum
systems is that if the surfaces were well cleaned and fluxed and if the
solder flows quickly on its own around and into the joint it won't leak and
I assume never pop apart. Key is practice and applying the heat so all
surfaces are just above the melting point of the solder. Over heating can
also cause problems. A lot of this is experience and having feel for it.

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
Well, I have just completed my first job, installing soldered shutoffs in
two water lines lines so that I can renovate my powder room. I had no
leaks when I turned the water back on. My question is this, if it is
holding now, how confident could I feel about the job?