Posted to alt.home.repair
Ultraglide Ultraglide is offline

Default Soldering Copper Pipes

"EXT" wrote in message
anews.com...
I have found that some of the fluxes for the new lead-free solders can give
a delayed reaction. I had several tight joints that did NOT leak for two
days, and then started dripping even one with a two foot squirt that
erupted on the third day. I think the flux burned in the joint and hardened
when it cooled down but water pressure finally pushed out the thick flux
over a few days resulting in a leak.

"Ultraglide" wrote in message
Well, I have just completed my first job, installing soldered shutoffs in
two water lines lines so that I can renovate my powder room. I had no
leaks when I turned the water back on. My question is this, if it is
holding now, how confident could I feel about the job?

Fortunately the shutoff is in the unfinished part of the basement. I'll
keep an eye on it for the next while.