Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve B Steve B is offline

Default Telephone poles

Might not be the place to ask, but I'll ask anyway.

I want to make a watchtower out of telephone poles at my cabin. I have
always liked heights, and this would be good for sky watching, getting a
good view, or sharing a bottle of bubbly with Trixie.

I believe I can get some poles that are used, but in good condition. I
believe that four would make a very strong support for a platform that would
probably have a limit of four people at any one time.

Anyone else done any work with telephone poles of this type? Seems Tinker
Toy simple, disregarding the rigging aspect. (I am a retired crane operator
and rigger.) It would be doable, just tricky.

Leaving in a few minutes for a week at the cabin. Post here, and I'll
answer in a week.

Steve