jim rozen

Default diesel for home heating boiler

In article , Grant Erwin says...

Home heating oil *is* diesel that is slightly less refined than the kind
they sell to use as automotive fuel. It is closely related to kerosene which
is exactly the same only slightly less refined than the fuel they put in
large turbines (Navy ships) or jet airplanes.

I believe the very worst you could do is clog a jet that would take just
minutes to clean out. I say go for it. - GWE

A close friend of mine used to do this all the time - run down to
the station that sold diesel fuel when he forgot to pay his oil
bill, and the tank was running dry. He used to have a few
five gallon tins used expressly for this purpose.

He never had any problem doing this.

Jim

please reply to: