Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Dowsing

Mary Fisher wrote:

Although it's a
waterworks it didn't actually have its own water supply (obvious when
you think about it!), but it has a large standpipe from another
pumping station a few miles away.
Out of interest a while ago a few of us wondered about the source of
this supply, which appeared as a cast iron pipe around 3 or 4 inch
diameter directly from the floor in the "museum" area. We took a
couple of brazing rods as dowsing tools just for fun and were able to
"guestimate" the direction from which the supply originated. Later
this was confirmed by Northumbrian Water, who own the site.

It's quite surprising how many people do have their first experience of
dowsing 'for fun' or similar reasons - even scepticism. Suddenly it becomes
a wonder ...

..... and as I described, when they investigate further, it turns out
not to work.

--
Chris Green