BEAR

Default diesel for home heating boiler

In the northeast it is common to fill a tank with a high percentage
of Kero, or all Kero to prevent jelling of the fuel on those -20 degree
days...

I run one of my hot air "oil burners" with nothing but "K-1" or Diesel
fuel all winter. Should work fine. I recommend a very good filter
on your unit IF you use a nozzle that is 0.75gal/hr rating -
the crap that floats in the fuel seems to be just *under* that size
orifice, I can't run a 0.50 nozzle, it always clogs even with the
filter, so I've compromised with a 0.65gal/hr nozzle these days.

If I could run a 0.4 or 0.35 gal/hr nozzle I'd try to... I'd rather
have long slow cycles then fast oil guzzling cycles... I think...

_-_-bear

habbi wrote:

In an emergency could you put kerosene or diesel in your home oil heating
tank? Would it cause any damage?

---

_-_- BEAR Labs
- Custom Audio Equipment, Cables, Mods, Repairs -
http://www.bearlabs.com