Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Lewis Chris Lewis is offline

Default Roundup Deemed Dangerous/ Poison Ivy Revisited

According to JoeSpareBedroom :
"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to JoeSpareBedroom :
"Chris Lewis" wrote in message
According to Charlie Morgan :

As I remember it, paraquat was not so much a defoliant as it was
something that
would make you sick to your stomach if you smoked pot that had been
sprayed with
it.

Paraquat is a defoliant. Making the people sick who smoked the stuff
harvested before Paraquat finished killing it was considered an added
bonus.
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est

Why would you consider that to be a bonus?

I don't: "was considered an...". I was sarcastically referring to
the DEA and the government policies that allowed them to do it.

Oh...OK. I thought for a moment that you were one of the morons who thought
that using pot was somehow worse than using alcohol, and that prohibition of
alcohol was silly, while the same stance twoard pot was right.

Heh. I'm a Canadian. We've decriminalized possession of small
amounts of pot, and permit people to use it who have a medical
exemption...[+] I fully expect that in the not too distant future
it'll become more-or-less fully legal here.

It probably would have by now if it weren't for "war on
drugs" pressure from the US. If there was an open vote in parliament
where such pressure didn't play a part, and/or a referendum, most
of these laws undoubtably would be repealed.

[+] There's a number of ludicrous self-contradictory bits in our
current suite of laws. Eg: those with a medical exemption are allowed
to have and use it, but nobody's permitted to grow/sell it to them,
and the limits for personal cultivation are too low for many.
The govt. spent millions on growing their own crop that they'd
distribute for this purpose, but someone goofed big time, and
they picked a cannabis cultivar that had virtually _no_ THC.

Sigh.

I fully expect that to be ironed out reasonably soon. In the
meantime, most police forces are turning a blind eye to the few
producers they know to be dedicated to people with medical
exemptions.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est