Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip kip is offline

Default RCA 31" 1994 - repair or replace?

Was the Fuse gone....??
Whats the Model Number ?

wrote in message
ups.com...
My 31" RCA from 1994 has worked flawlessy until a few weeks ago, when
it just refused to turn on. I opened it up and replaced the fuse to no
avail. That is the extent of my electronics skills.

If I unplug it for a few minutes and then re-plug it, there is a series
of quiet chirping sounds emanating from the back of the set - maybe at
the rate of 2 per second and a total of about 20 times.

Considering the age of this set, is it worth trying to get it repaired?
I am in central New Jersey, if that has any bearing on repair costs. I
don't know any shop in particular to bring it to - I'd have to take my
chances from the yellow pages.

If I were to replace, I'm looking at a 32" JVC CRT for about $400 (one
the last of the CRT sets in that size).

Thanks in advance for your opinions.