Roy

Default diesel for home heating boiler

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:03:52 GMT, "habbi"
wrote:

===In an emergency could you put kerosene or diesel in your home oil heating
===tank? Would it cause any damage?
===
===
===---
===

I will work. Should not cause any problems. I used to run used motor
oils, old diesel fuels and most anything else that would burn that did
not have a low flash point (I assume its a low flash point such as
gasoline and lac thinners etc) in my old oil burner I used to heat my
shop with when I lived up north. Been running a home shop foundry now
with the same type of unit for a couple of months and burning nothing
but used motor oils and diesel fuels and its just as hot as when I
used heating oil. And it really does not smoke once its good and hot.
I really think used motor oils and diesel is a bit hotter than heating
oil is.
I had no input whatsoever.
Remove "nospam" from email addy.