Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Hanging (residential) doors

CW wrote:
I have been to a number of DIY type websites, even watched the Router
Workshop show on hanging doors. There is one thing that NONE of them
ever say. They all talk about positioning of the hinge along the edge
of the door (although some just say to position them!!!) from top to
bottom but non say how deep along the thickness (setback). Putting
them back far enough to just clear the barrel would put them entirely
through the thickness of the door so they would be seen on the other
side. Looking at the ones around my house, the barrels are set out
away for the door a ways. What is the standard?

It depends on the thickness of the casing. You need to set the pivot point
out far enough for the door to stand proud of the casing when opened 180
degrees.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...