Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Alexander Jim Alexander is offline

Default Powergen 10% + 30% rant

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
I hate these rolling monthly DD schemes, where you end up paying them in
advance most of the time. As I said, one of the attractions of Equipower
& Equigas is that you can pay quarterly bills (always in arrears of the
actual consumption) by BACS or whatever without being penalised on the
price. I'll accept estimated readings if the bill's within about ten quid
of reality, otherwise they get revised readings - this at least assures
that they should build up an accurate usage history to base future
estimates on.

This started off as a rant about Powergen but that's not my experience.
Feed in meter readings from time to time or after a statement and you get an
accurate statement. Orginally paying too much but no problem getting a
refund. Now my monthly payment is about right. Be surprised if you
couldn't get your monthly payment right if you tried. For the moment
Powergen is about the cheapest (Equipower and Equigas excepted). Not had
any notification (yet) of an increase and no evidence of a press release on
the subject though an increase soon wouldn't surprise me. If there is I
won't rant but make a balanced decision. Well not BG whatever the fugures
indicate.

Jim A