Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Reconnecting lots of fine leads ...

"Hamad bin Turki Salami" wrote in
message news
On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 21:57:53 +0000, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Hamad bin Turki Salami" wrote
in

snip

Well, given my skills, carrying this out was like a 400 lb man running a
marathon. I am astonished, but I actually finished and it fixed the
laptop.

The scariest part of this was seeing all the excess solder after soldering
the connector back on the board. The pins are only 1/2 a millimeter apart
and I made quite a mess of it. Probably a fourth or a third of the pairs
of adjacent pins were shorted initially. It took me quite a while to wick
up that solder.

Thanks a lot for that advice.

Glad it worked out for you. As with a lot of these things, the main
ingredient is confidence ! Well done.

Arfa