Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gully Foyle Gully Foyle is offline

Default Dowsing

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 23:59:11 +0100, Tony Polson
wrote:

"Mary Fisher" wrote:

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
. ..
"none" wrote:

So what moves the rods then?

You will never know.

There's no point in answering them, Tony.

I know. They are all making themselves at home in my kill file.

I wonder how it was that, on a site that was about 140 metres by 40
metres, my hands "knew" to cross the rods *exactly* over where the
buried services were located, but *nowhere else*? It could only have
been my imagination.

;-)

Does dowsing only work when you actually hold the rods in your hands?
Would it still work if you rigged up some sort of holder? Imagine you
are holding a couple of tubes with the dowsing rods sitting in them
(able to rotate freely). Would that work?

If the answer is "yes" to the first question and "no" to the second,
there might *possibly* be something to it. I don't have any problem
accepting the subconscious might be able to transmit electrical
impulses to the muscles of the hands causing rods to move.

If the answer to the second question is "yes" then all I can say in
response is "woof".
--
If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy?