Posted to uk.d-i-y
Wordy Wordy is offline

Default Removing wallpaper adhesive

Hi,

I have recently used a steam wallpaper stripper to remove the wallpaper
in my cloakroom. This worked fine to remove the paper, but it has left
a adhesive residue on the wall which I cannot see m to get off..

I have tried sanding, but this seemed to just sand off loads of
plaster, and I have also tried a B&Q wallpaper spray, but this did not
seem to touch it. You can scrape the adhesive off using a scraper, but
this could take me days, it is quite a rubbery consistency..

Does anyone have any bright ideas ? some cleaner or chemical I could
use to speed up the process..

Thanks,

Paul...