Ken Cutt

Default Block in boat - OT, NO metal just brain

Mark wrote:

Peter Reilley wrote:

When you throw the block and rope into the water, you have, in

effect, changed the shape of the hull, without changing its weight,
so the
amount of water displaced does not change. Therefor, the pond level
does
not change. Making the rope "weightless" or of neutral buoyancy does
not
make any difference. The water level does not change.

I believe that we have a correct answer.

What's interesting is the boat would ride higher in the water but the
level in the tank would remain the same.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)

Ok I am confused by all these wanna be wet blocks . A block in water
will displace its volume regardless of its mass . But in the boat it
displaces its equal mass of water . Which is greater . So hanging off a
rope attached to a boat displacing already its volume but pulling down
on the boat additionally displacing its mass ? So what is the point of
all this ? Attempting starting your own artificial reefs ? Trying to
hide blocks in case the world ends tomorrow and there might be a
shortage ? Stockpiling and hoping the value of blocks increases ? Try
cornering the block market ? Maybe try spiking the eggnog less ? More ?

Ken Cutt