Posted to alt.home.repair
Matthew Reed Matthew Reed is offline

Default Waterproofing fence posts

I'm not that far south from you, maybe 90 minutes south of Portland. Do you
have any more info on water repellent treatment? I'm using PT posts rated
for ground contact (very important - they can't be just PT, they have to be
rated for ground contact). I don't want to have to dig up 3 tons of concrete
10 years from now when the posts rot out.

wrote in message
oups.com...
With all the success everyone has had, I hear that your using PT posts.
Did you also add water repellent to those post? I live in Seattle and
get lots of rain. I am installing the PT posts as reccomended (gravel
at the bottom and in concrete) but am conteplating the time/cost/effort
of applying the water repellent to them first.

Thanks!
Tim