David

Default Solar pipe? for illuminating internal room

Hi all
Somewhere recently I saw an ad for a method of providing natural light
to an otherwise dark internal room - the concept was a light collector
of some sort mounted on the roof, with a duct or pipe to convey light
down into the body of the house, to a light panel or something in the
ceiling.

Sounded quite a good idea; I wondered if (a) anybody could point me at
a suitable website/supplier and (b) whether anyone has seen one of
these and can reccomend it? Or is it a gimmick which will cause your
roof to leak, and stop working when the (inaccessible) light collector
gets grubby?!

David