Posted to rec.woodworking
CW CW is offline

Default Hanging (residential) doors

"Hedley" wrote in message
. net...

I haven't done "hundreds", but I've done a few - all without a router. I
just made sure the hinges and (interior) doors were the same dimensions as
the others in the house and used the other doors as a guide to get my
placement and spacing. A router and template would have been nice, but

all
I had was a limited budget, a hammer and a chisel. Worked out pretty

well.
Caulking and painting the doors helped mask my inefficiencies with the
chisel.

Now that I have a router, I'd probably do it the same way to keep from
having to buy the guide. Maybe. I'm always looking for a good reason to
buy more tools.

Hope this helps.

--Hedley
--Binge in Moderation