Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Magnifying desk lamp?

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 22:20:06 UTC, T i m wrote:

I heard similar when I had some eye troubles at 40 or so. Turned out
to be some macular distortion in my left eye (that comes and goes).

I have the same distortion, only it's getting dimmer too (result of
radiotherapy following a malignant melanoma in the eye). I have lots of
glasses stashed in startegic places!

At nearly 50 I can still get away with these 'Ready Specs' (£9.99 or
summat) and I would be terrified being responsible for glasses costing
any more (knowing how often these end up on the floor or sat on) ;-(

I get cheap prescription specs (any old prescription for the bad eye
right now, until it settles down and I want a match for the remaining
peripheral vision). www.glassesdirect.co.uk will do prescription specs
for about 15 quid plus postage.