Posted to alt.home.repair
John Gilmer John Gilmer is offline

Default Replacing a dishwasher - recommendations good/bad?

it permits dishes to be dried by way of "condensation drying" as
opposed to "air drying". That means there's no exposed heating
element inside the tub and it won't vent hot steam into the kitchen
(thus adding to your A/C load).

I haven't heard of "condensation drying."

I ASSume it means that "they" somehow cool the tub/shell and the warm dishes
will evaporate the water onto the shell where the moisture will just go into
the "well."

I suppose this scheme could be made to work with a plastic interior but I
haven't seen it featured in anything I ever looked at.