Posted to alt.home.repair
JimL JimL is offline

Default Lawnmower Re-Starting problem

Mine has a gas cap problem and has those same symptoms.

Seems like it is a temperature problem, but it really is a vacuum in
the gas tank problem. While it cools down, it also loses the vacuum
and starts and runs fine til it gets hot or builds a vacuum. The
apparent heat problem is a complete red herring.

The fix for me is to wedge something in the gas cap so it can
breathe. After doing that the mower starts whether hot or cold.

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 13:32:38 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:

Hi,

My son doesn't live in the area, so I can't go down there and offer any
advice first hand.
Also, he's pretty non-mechanical.

Anyway, he has a Toro walk behind lawnmower purchased last year, so it's
pretty new. It's the kind you squeeze the handle, and it moves.
Pretty typical kind; bought at HD.

Anyway, it always starts just fine.
But after a 1/2 hour or so, just about every time, it shuts off.
Won't re-start (while hot).
Plenty of gas and oil.

But when trying again when cold after a few days, it starts just fine.

Any ideas what might be wrong ?

Any hints on getting it to re-start while very warm ?

i don't think there is any Carb lever on these models like for full-choke,
half-choke, etc. Are there ?

Thanks,
Bob