Posted to alt.home.repair
David Combs David Combs is offline

Default Our through the Wall Sleeve Air Conditioner..

In article ,
David Combs wrote:
In article ,
Bruin wrote:

Problem TWO: the 13200 BTU unit is overkill I am sure. However, keeping it
on it's own circuit is necessary. Is there such a thing as an adapter to go
from the 220 to the 110?

TIA!

I've learned that overkill is *good*!

That is, if you want to save money on the AC power-usage.

You can run it for maybe 15min each hour or two, and
it gets cold enough, and gets rid of the humidity.

(Of course, only if you don't mind being the controller
for it.)

Works for me.

David

Oh, I must add that I place a LARGE fan in front of the AC,
and it blasts the air into a circuit around the room.

So most (maybe all?) of the humid air gets run through the AC.

D.