Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin Jim McLaughlin is offline

Default Building a Concrete Wall

You say you live in eastern or central Washington. Whether down by the
Columbia or up in Okanogan country, or in the middle is not clear.

Whether at my sister's palce in Kennewick, or at sme friends' place just
west of the dalles, I always see lots f old farm areas with the houses
shelded by vegation. Poplars, especially. I'd be looking at vegetation,
not concrete block or a wood fence.

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.
wrote in message
oups.com...
OK, now you guys have me worried. It is a cement block wall that we
had intended to build - and it sounded simple. I am especially worried
about the wind part - we live in a very windy area - in fact today have
a high wind advisory. So what do you suggest for a way to block the
patio from the wind and provide a heat sink - just a wooden fence?