Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bob Bob is offline

Default Testing an Electric Blanket

Nelson,
Although I don't like Terrel's attitude, he had one of the best answers
about measuring the AC current. Gives an incomplete assessment, but a
good indicator. The other thought is to use a "voltage sniffer" if you
have one, to check various areas of the blanket to see if they are
working (getting voltage/current). My daughter always liked the effect
of the heating mattress pad. Because heat rises, it was more "toasty"
for her.
Bob

Nelson wrote:
On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 20:45:03 -0400, Bob wrote
(in article .com):

Bob,

You might try a heating mattress pad instead.

I was unaware that they existed until you pointed it out. Most seem to
operate on low voltage DC which is, of course, inherently safer. And I
notice that there are even some blankets that do also. I think I will
definitely try one if the "space blanket" solution doesn't pan out.

If you cannot afford one, send me a response & I'll have one shipped
to you free of charge.

I think I can swing one if necessary, but I appreciate your generous
offer. I am frequently amazed at the kindness of strangers on usenet.

--
Nelson