Posted to rec.woodworking
J T J T is offline

Default I Set My Teeth, Again

Sun, Jul 30, 2006, 1:16am (EDT+14) (Paul*D) doth
sayeth:
Another of my fav subjects * .... owned V8 holdens since '71. Yes the
ply spacer is a 'common' practice for the Quadrajet but there are much
more successful (ie more permanent solutions) for the spacer. If you
have any luck in getting one to run as well as when it was new let me
know because that is something that I and anyone I know have never
succedded in doing

Yeah, a V8 sounds sooo much better than those irritatiing little
fours. I love Q-Jets, good economy, until you kick in those
secondaries, and get that lovely sound. Had one on the '73 Nova, and it
worked well - engine later dropped into my son's Blazer. My '78 El
Camino came with a new spread-bore Edelbrock carb. Spread-bore, yes,
but not even close to a Q-Jet, the primaries are only marginally smaller
than the secondaries, and the secondaries aren't that large. Works well
enough, but not a Q-Jet by any means. Q-Jets are largely misunderstood,
which is the main reason people can't set them up right. This looks
like a good book, and I have high hopes for it. About $16 from Amazon.
Oh, I just bought the book, have nothing to do with it otherwise.

JOAT
Politician \Pol`i*ti"cian\, n. Latin for career criminal