Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Magnifying desk lamp?

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 21:13:11 GMT, "Peter Andrews"
wrote:

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/product.asp?p=010812040 is similar.

Hi Peter,

That does look similar all be it a touch more expensive ... tho easier
for me to get to a MM than Maplins ;-)

I've had
one for a number years and it has been invaluable at times.

I bet .. gone are the days I could read the small print on batters
and the like unaided ;-(

My real problem
for close work is varifocals :-( (I'm afraid it's your age sir, says my 27
year old optician) ...never mind her turn will come :-)

I heard similar when I had some eye troubles at 40 or so. Turned out
to be some macular distortion in my left eye (that comes and goes).
At nearly 50 I can still get away with these 'Ready Specs' (£9.99 or
summat) and I would be terrified being responsible for glasses costing
any more (knowing how often these end up on the floor or sat on) ;-(

All the best ..

T i m