Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Magnifying desk lamp?

In article ,
T i m wrote:
Anyroad up, that got me thinking about getting one of those round
fluorescent magnifying lamp things and my first few Google hits
suggested they were ~ 100 quid!

Maplins have one at £29 odd and I wondered if anyone here had one (if
so what are they like please) or could offer an alternative from a
regular (Nt London) store etc?

I've got an RS one and find it pretty useless. For a start, the light
isn't bright enough. And the glass is invariably dirty when you need it.

I have a pair of powerful 'ready read' glasses for such things and use my
100 watt QH anglepoise as the light source. Of course if you're already
long sighted you may not be able to buy ready made glasses powerful
enough. But +5 works pretty well for those with near normal sight.

--
*Save the whale - I'll have it for my supper*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.