Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jason Jason is offline

Default Dowsing

"Tony Polson" wrote in message
"Jason" wrote:

So you could devise an experiment that, if successful, would disprove the
'move by some form of electromagnetic force' theory?

I'm not interested in "proving" anything one way or the other. The
technique worked well for me. It made finding buried services faster
and cheaper than any alternative method, and that is all that matters.

Right, that is my point: why make up pie-in-sky explanations that use some
psuedo scientific terms that sound plausible to anyone who does not know the
first thing about 'electromagnetic forces'? If it works for you, fine, but
trust me - at the end of the day *you* are moving those rods because *you*
are holding them and *you* are balancing them and *you* are in full control
of them. You may think that is funny, but I can prove it (though you have
already stated you are not interested in learning more of the truth about
it, so we will have to leave it there).

If there was some external force pushing these things, then don't you think
it would have been exploited by now? Free energy and all that. Would someone
not have made a device for measuring this force and using it to tell what is
underground? Yes, electromagnetic waves *are* exploited to look
underground - radar is, as we speak, looking deep into Venus and other moons
in the solar system. The mechanisms are very different though. They don't
involve forces strong enough to push a pair of bent metal coat hangers
(unlike, say, muscles in an arm).

-- JJ