Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Magnifying desk lamp?

On 30 Jul 2006 19:00:58 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Sun, 30 Jul 2006 18:40:24 UTC, T i m wrote:

Anyroad up, that got me thinking about getting one of those round
fluorescent magnifying lamp things and my first few Google hits
suggested they were ~ 100 quid!

CPC have one at about 15 quid.

This is the nearest I can find to my description at your price /
description?

http://tinyurl.com/ouh7v

I find it useful, in conjunction with my
glasses (I have a longsighted right eye, corrected with glasses, and
non-functioning central vision in the left eye).

I was also wearing my 3.25 x 'Ready Specs' (though I guess I aught to
get some real glasses ... one day .. ) ;-)

Not sure of strength,
but it has an addition 'high mag' area in it too.

The one I found has x5 and x10 apparently?

With it's flat desk mount and little 12W flouro it seems the best so
far . ;-)

Do they do mail order though?

All the best ..

T i m