Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geronimo W. Christ Esq Geronimo W. Christ Esq is offline

Default Dowsing

Tony Polson wrote:

They do not move themselves. The fact that almost anyone can get
results using metal rods suggests that some form of electromagnetic
force makes the rods cross.

Where is the force emitted from ?

If you, and other sceptics, just tried it, you would soon stop
bleating about how it doesn't work.

In a double blind testing scenario it can't be demonstrated. Therefore
it does not work.

I was a complete sceptic but gave
it a try because a respected colleague suggested I should. Not only
did it work, but I found it very useful in my job as a civil engineer.

I am degree educated and professionally qualified. I would not
suggest that dowsing works if I did not have personal experience that
proved it does, overcoming my strong scepticism in the process.

Efforts to argue by qualification suggest you've lost your way. Even so,
even extremely clever people can be misled. Arthur Conan Doyle and the
fairies at the bottom of the garden springs to mind ?