Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
mm mm is offline

Default Air conditioner Trips Circuit Breaker-Call Electrician or A/C guy?

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 14:43:34 -0500, "Howard Beale"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Yeah, that's what I was going to do too, but two electricians told me
that it was more likely to be an A/C problem

Why not do that first? If it doesn't work, you're out $10 and the 10
minutes it takes to replace a circuit breaker.

If it does work, you've saved a pile of money and the aggrevation of waiting
around all day for a service person.

Got to agree with all you say. I had a GFI breaker that kept
tripping. Of course I suspected I had a ground fault in something,
but when I couldn't find anything plugged in all the time, I replaced
the breaker and that solved the problem. The house was 7 years old.
New one has lasted 20 years so far.