Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Air conditioner Trips Circuit Breaker-Call Electrician or A/C guy?

On 29 Jul 2006 05:51:08 -0700, "
wrote:

I fix some machines for a living that use fuses or breakers rated 20
amp. Its pretty common for fuses to physically overheat and blow from
poor connections heating excessively. breakers trip the same way.

see switch wires melt from the same situation.

plus breakers are designed to become MORE sensitive as they age.

This is -- am I correct -- because the only reasonably priced
alternative was that they become LESS sensitive as they age, and that
would be dangerous.

When cars first had turn signals, turning the switch on didn't turn
the light on until the flasher period had passed. In the 60's or 70's
they changed it so that the turn lights came on as soon as the switch
was turned on. That meant when the flasher failed, one could flash
the lights using the switch.

learned that westinghouse used to make breakers and I fixed machines at
their plant in beaver pa.

fascinating place