Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hilary@fashionsintime.com is offline

Default Replacing a dishwasher - recommendations good/bad?

John Gilmer wrote:
I find the plastic "inside" is "gud enuf." SS costs quite a bit more.

All plastic or SS racks would be a good idea, however.

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've given up trying to repair my 12 year old dishwasher, and will be
replacing it ASAP. I would like to have stainless steel inside, with a
"regular" (not stainless) outside. Does anyone have any recommendations
for dishwashers they are pleased with? More importantly, are there any
I should avoid? Thanks for any suggestions.

Hilary

There was an 8 year old stainless steel tub Kitchenaid dishwasher in
the house when we bought it, and it soldiered on for 10 more years. The
plastic tub Kenmore only lasted for 11, and the racks had lots of
damage and bent bits early on. I don't remember the Kitchenaid having
stainless racks, but they were still in excellent condition when the
unit died. Can you really get stainless racks for a dishwasher? That
sounds like a great idea.

Hilary