Posted to alt.home.repair
Hopkins Hopkins is offline

Default Patching Nail Holes In Floor

Zack V. wrote:
Hi group,

The nails are easy enough to pull out.
The floor is in good shape and I don't plan to revarnish anytime soon. What
is best to use to fill in the nail holes?

I use colored putty -- available at hardware or paint stores -- and I
typically end up with at least two different colors to match the grain
where the nail hole is. Sometimes you have to mix putties to get a
match.

You could try touch-up markers -- the color of the putty isn't as
vital, but you want to start with a light colored marker first. You can
always darken it, but starting too dark means you'll probably have to
dig out the putty and start again.