Posted to alt.home.repair
Michael Michael is offline

Default help on soldering

I used to do that sort of thing. And did it well. Then, a few years
ago,
when I was doing a remod where the flame was an issue, I discovered
Copper-Bond.
A two-part epoxy product that caused me to decide that technology had
caused the torch to no longer be necessary.
Do what you decide you need to do. But you have my suggestion. Only
change I make is to use Q-tip sticks without the cotton, instead of the

provided squarish sticks provided.

wrote:
Hi,

I start trying to solder brass valve for one of my garden hoses. The
problem is that the solder does not drawn into the joint. I follow the
instruction on Black & Decker home repair book. Solder melt at the edge
of the joint, then drop on the ground, and it does not suck into the
joint. I tried a couple of times, no solder ever drawn into the joint
and solder stays at the edge of joint, that is it. How am I going to
solder it correctly for brass valve? I heated the center of the valve
back and forth, nothing happened.

thx