Posted to alt.home.repair
Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT Thomas D. Horne, FF EMT is offline

Default Is Knob-and-Tube *Always* Dangerous?

wrote:
iF INSURANCE required k&t removal and the homeowner cheats by just
replacing the exposed wiring leaving K&T threw the less accessible areas
and a fire occurs expect insurance to disown you...........

This is true only if the knob and tube wiring was the direct cause of
the loss. An insurance contract is a "contract of utmost good faith."
Once you collect a premium you must pay any covered loss. Information
that was concealed from the insurer only voids the contract if it
concealed the cause of the loss.

one of the troubles with K&T is that you cant easily examine the solder
joints since they are buried in the walls....

with no boxes

--
Tom Horne

Well we aren't no thin blue heroes and yet we aren't no blackguards to.
We're just working men and woman most remarkable like you.