Loren Coe

Default Initial fill of new Propane tank fact or fiction on purge needed

In article , Mark wrote:

Ken Davey wrote:
On a lighter note; What is it about propane that triggers this group?

I think I will call this phenomenon the 'King of the Hill' syndrome.

I don't know, Some of what's been posted is accurate but lots of this
'information' is inaccurate.

And purging a gasoline tank? What a troll!

I don't miss working with propane. Not because it can be explosive or
that it boils 44 degrees below 0, could be an interesting situation
where your feet are being frozen solid while the rest of you is betting
burnt to a crisp.

There's the guy who wants me to put a little extra, AKA do an overfill,
in his 20s because he's going hunting and doesn't want to run out. I
tell him I can't do that, he says the other guy does it all the time. ??

the only situation that i asked for and received a "packed" fill was
out on a freeway access road w/out of state plates on my propane
powered 4x4. the guy asked how far it was going that day and would
accomodate me, sometimes to 96%, depending on ambient temp.

i did it because of price, usually cheaper out in farmlands, never would
fill in the cities. it helps if your rig is newer, clean and towing.

--Loren