Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Defrosting a fridge with a sharp object

wrote:

Hi,

Seemed like a good idea at the time, but not anymore since we poked in
hole in the the freezer and heard the sound of some gas escaping. The
fridge no longer cools.

Is this fixable?

Thanks!

Aaron Fude

Of course, anything can be fixed, 'cept maybe a broken heart and the
crack of dawn.

Unless it's a very high end model your chances of getting it repaired,
pumped down, and recharged for less than the cost of a new box are slim
and none, and Slim rode out of town yeasterday afternoon.

I've always felt that learning from mistakes is good; Providing they are
other peoples mistakes. Your admission of how you f**ked up your fridge
may provide an education for others reading your post who might not
realize that icepicks went out of sytle for that kind of use about the
same time the iceman stopped delivering his wares to folks' houses.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)