Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim McLaughlin Jim McLaughlin is offline

Default help on soldering

You cleaned all parts first with emery cloth?

You did use flux?

'Cause it sounds like a no flux issue.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I start trying to solder brass valve for one of my garden hoses. The
problem is that the solder does not drawn into the joint. I follow the
instruction on Black & Decker home repair book. Solder melt at the edge
of the joint, then drop on the ground, and it does not suck into the
joint. I tried a couple of times, no solder ever drawn into the joint
and solder stays at the edge of joint, that is it. How am I going to
solder it correctly for brass valve? I heated the center of the valve
back and forth, nothing happened.

thx

--
Jim McLaughlin

Reply address is deliberately munged.
If you really need to reply directly, try:
jimdotmclaughlinatcomcastdotcom

And you know it is a dotnet not a dotcom
address.