Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tony Polson Tony Polson is offline

Default Dowsing

Guy King wrote:

The message
from "Geronimo W. Christ Esq" contains
these words:

Get a friend to bury ten pipes in a piece of ground, and then run water
through one of them, without telling you which one. Then try to use your
magick dowsing techniques to find out which one it is.

But make sure that the person who chose and connected the pipes isn't
present at the test - that should be supervised by a disinterested and
uninformed third party. It's that step at which many such tests fail.

In my (admittedly limited) experience of dowsing, it would have been
impossible for me to tell whether pipes were empty or full of water.

I found electricity and telephone cables but could not differentiate
between them and water pipes, full or empty. All I knew was that I
had found *something", which we later dug up. In each case the
location was exactly as indicated by the dowsing rods crossing.

I must admit that this thread has re-awakened my interest in dowsing.
I think I might take it up as a hobby.

;-)