Loren Coe

Default Initial fill (should have looked before I asked)

In article , David A Webb wrote:
On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 19:29:13 GMT, Mark
wrote:

I hope they also opened the bleed valve.

huh?

I have never seen a dip tube on an LP tank.
I've only seen them filled with the tank on a scale.
Dave

yes, they used the bleed valve, too. the only time i see that
left closed is on a large (80-100gal motor fuel) that is nearly
empty. they open it past 1/2 way thru the fill, others open
it before filling.

years and years ago, some operators did not open the bleed until
nearly full, no matter what type of tank. guess they didn't like
to breath it. that was before all of the new laws. ymmv, --Loren