Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Hardin Ron Hardin is offline

Default Scythed Lawn

wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote:

The perfect stroke knocks down all the grass at a touch. You can spend hours
getting various approximations.

It keeps your mind busy.

Try doing that with a reel mower.

So are you advising AGAINST a scythe?

It depends, is all I'm saying. I find a scythe makes the chore a pleasant
hour in the yard each day, instead of a mindless back and forth you have to
do when the grass needs it (less than each day!).

If you won't find that interesting, then a scythe is not for you.

On the other hand, I look forward to lawn season because there's always grass
to scythe for a break from work in the house, day in and day out.

Incidentally, rain is no obstacle. A scythe works great in the rain.

--
Ron Hardin