Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tem00 tem00 is offline

Default RCA CTC169 semi-fixed, but now a jitter issue. Appreciate any help

Hello,

I'm not a TV expert unfortunately, but I do know some electronics from
my job. I would be grateful to anybody that could think of what could
be causing the trouble below;

My RCA 169PEB chassis went down due to a blown H.O.T. and a burned HV
splitter. I ordered the repair kit (CTC169-KIT-PTV from
Tritronics) and replaced the parts. It powers on now and B+ is about
142V. I get an image and sound, but the screen seems to vibrate and
horizontal lines are seen. Also, the sound seemed to mute itself after
set being turned on for a few minutes. comes back on when I turn
volume up or down.

I thought perhaps an experienced technician has seen this before and
could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Thad