Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,sci.electronics.repair,comp.robotics.misc
mc mc is offline

Default Salvaging Components---Where Do YOU Get Them?

supervisor where they were going. "We incinerate them when they're
discontinued," he answered. "Incinerate them? Well, can
I take them if you're just going to burn them?" I asked. "No,"
he answered without explanation. I remember thinking what a big, stupid
dufus this guy was, and how I'd never get anywhere
with him, but I went ahead and asked him why I couldn't take
them. "Because they're patented," he said. When I pointed out
to him that this had nothing to do with anything,

Maybe they hadn't yet paid a royalty on the parts that came due
upon use or sale.

That makes a great deal of sense. What were they manufacturing? Stereos
with Dolby, perchance?